We are proud to announce the new beta, VERSION 4, of the JLime userland
"Muffinman". http://www.jlime.com/wiki/documentation ... /muffinman
Get the NEW BETA43 VERSION :http://jlime.com/downloads/releases/muf ... 010.tar.gzhttp://jlime.com/downloads/releases/muf ... ov2010.ubi
Jlime Muffinman distribution is a Linux distribution aimed for the Ben Nanonote machine.
It is based in Qi Hardware 2.6.34 Linux kernel and built using OpenEmbedded,
with Jlime look and feel. Also, current repository has 16000+ packages to
Some screenshots of this release :
== Changelog of this userland release ==
* Added games : gnurobbo, blockrage and supertux.
* Auto mount, at boot time, nand FS when system is on SD, or SD filesystems when system is on NAND.
* Added wikireader plugin for Dict (no the wikipedia dumps, users will need to install it manually. Read the Muffinman documentation)
* Added battery status with torsmo.
* Added jlime-pkg script to install packages from repositories without swap.
* Added a gtapecalc (Blizzard worked with patches and port).
* Added a sound recorder GUI to use mic.
* Uploaded around 1000 packages more to Muffinman repositoires (some of them: lua, automake, libexpat0, fbpanel, ffmpeg, libswscale0, frodo, gallery, gnome-mplayer, libgnutls, gpsdrive, icecast, man_pages, matchbox2, openntpd, openttd, pcmanfm, sugar, apt, syslinux, frameworkd, lirc-x, opie-*, etc)
* Added NightSky on main rootfs.
* Several fixes everywhere.
* Better Desktop look and feel.
The best thing on this release is the jlime-pkg script to avoid swap to install packages, and
the new and nice applications on main rootfs. Enjoy!
== Feedback and Bugreporting ==
To make feedback useful for us we ask that you read our wiki
) on howto install/setup/upgrade the userland.
Any problems should be emailed to our mailinglists or forums for Muffinman.
This release is in no way affiliated with Qi-hardware. And as a distribution
it is used without any warranty.
The JLime Team